Friday 2 May 2014

April Round Up


Blimey it has been a busy and very enjoyable month for me and in a way unexpected. I managed to secure some survey work performing two breeding bird surveys on a zero hours contract basis for an ecological consultancy. Brilliant!

My 32+ years of birding experience is paying off and earning me some money as well as allowing me to learn and gain valuable industry experience including understanding a standard for the report writing.

I've also been able to get involved in great crested newt and reptile surveys which is an added and very welcome bonus.

I attended a one day ROLO heath and safety course and passed the test at the end of the day, which is one part of allowing me to then get a suitable CSCS card for entering construction sites as part of ecological work.

The voluntary American mink surveys have continued for Kent Wildlife Trust and hopefully i'll be able to get involved in their water vole surveys later in the year.

So who knows what May might bring my way, fingers crossed more survey work and experience.



No comments: